Convenient Car Care, Inc. has been ‘Green’ since long before it became the current fashion. We have always been committed to environmentally responsible products and practices. We are committed to reducing the impact on our environment through the use of earth-friendly car wash products. We use only Zep’s EnviroEdge system, which sets up apart from our competitors in the following ways:
- Low impact manufacturing that uses reduced energy and less water
- Less packaging by formulating more concentrated products that reduce package size and materials used, saving natural resources
- More efficient distribution due to less packaging and smaller containers, resulting in lower fuel consumption and environmental impact
- Products with earth-friendly ingredients that support water reclamation systems and are applied by EnviroEdge-trained employees.
- Guilt-free disposal with limited VOCs and other substances that can harm our environment
To further elaborate on the Enviromental issues in todays society, our Research shows that harsh ingredients commonly used in vehicle wash pose a real challenge for our environment.
Here’s why EnviroEdge products eliminate them:
VOC Compliant Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are emitted from many sources, including certain cleaning chemicals, natural vegetation (plants and trees) and industrial processes. When VOCs mix with nitrogen oxide gases and sunlight, ozone is formed. Ozone is good for the environment in the stratosphere (upper layer of the atmosphere) because it protects the earth from ultraviolet radiation. But in the troposphere (lowest layer of the atmosphere), it has harmful health effects to all living things. In an effort to lower VOC emissions, various agencies have put regulations in place to limit the amount of VOCs in chemical cleaning products.
- No Chlorine Bleach Chlorine Bleach is highly corrosive to humans and many substrates. It can irritate the skin, eyes and respiratory tract, as well as degrade many metals.
- No Phosphates Eutrophication is the enrichment of water with nutrients, usually phosphorous and nitrogen, which stimulates the growth of algae and aquatic plants. When all these algae and plants die, there is an increased demand for biochemical oxygen as the organisms decay. The dissolved oxygen concentration can drop too low for fish to breathe, causing fish kill. Phosphates are also difficult and expensive to remove in sewage treatment facilities.
- No APE (NPE) surfactants Research by international environmental agencies has led to concerns regarding APEs in the environment and their harm to aquatic life. We are taking an environmentally proactive measure and excluding APE surfactants from our EnviroEdge product line.
- No EDTA EDTA (EthyleneDiamineTetraacetic Acid) is a chelating agent that binds to heavy metals. EDTA does not biodegrade and has the potential to accumulate in waste effluents. Biodegradable Surfactants product is biodegradable when it is broken down by natural processes (microorganisms) into basic organic components over a period of time. Biodegradable surfactants in EnviroEdge products break down into carbon dioxide, water and minerals
Waste Water Collection.
We are also conscious of any waste water left behind, and when applicable we use a Vaccuboom. The Vacu-Boom system is engineered to be used in a wide variety of industrial and commercial applications where chemicals and fluid waste must be contained and/or captured and removed from the site.
When the wet vac system is turned on, the Vacu-Boom tightly seals itself to the surface like a giant suction cup, to form an impervious liquid barrier. Simultaneously, the waste water or other liquid is extracted into the boom and travels with the airflow through the boom and vacuum hose into the sump of the vacuum unit. The vacuum unit is equipped with an automatic pump out system which discharges water through a discharge hose into our holding tank.